An internship is currently available in the Internal Auditors section for a candidate to gain one year’s practical experience in local government. This project is an initiative of the Western Cape Department of Local Government and is aimed at individuals who have recently obtained a relevant tertiary qualification.
- young candidates who have completed a three-year Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma on NQF level 6 within the last three years (2016 – 2018), from a registered Higher Education Institution with majors in Auditing, Accounting, Finance and/or Risk Management
- willingness to sign an internship agreement in addition to the employment contract to ensure commitment to the programme which require, amongst other, full participation in the educational and workplace assignments and observance of policies, procedures and applicable legislation
- applicants must reside within the municipal area, unless proof is provided that the required skills falls within a critical and/or scarce category within the Municipality.
- to provide an opportunity for practical government work experience to unemployed young graduates who have completed their NQF level 6 qualification from a registered Higher Education Institution within the last 3 years (2016 – 2018)
- to contribute to institutional capacity within the Overstrand Municipality.
How to Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a covering letter clearly indicating the name and the reference number of the position applying for; a copy of your ID; driver’s licence and educational qualifications. Original qualifications must be available at the interview. If not available the candidate will be disqualified.
Applications can be forward to:
Senior Manager: Human Resources, Overstrand Municipality,
PO Box 20,
Email : [email protected]
Fax: 086 496 7735
Closing date: 19 April 2019
- Applications/supporting documents larger than 4MB sent via email will not be accepted.
- Candidates who do not submit all the supporting documentation as requested, will not be considered for this position. No late applications will be considered.
- Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you do not received response within six weeks of the closing date, please considered your application as unsuccessful.
- All appointments are subjected to reference checking from previous and current employer(s).
- Your application for this post will be considered as consent to verify your qualifications.
- The Council reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Enquiries: Mr. D van der Heever at tel. 028 313 5035