Opus Employment (Pty) Ltd
Middelburg-based property group requires the skills of a competent property manager with guest house experience to oversee their small portfolio of properties across Middelburg and Witbank.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the day to day running of the guest house and ensures that the systems are being followed, that occupancy rates of a minimum of 70% are being reached and that the various social media platforms are used to the maximum. Ensures that service levels are exemplary, and communication at all levels is of the highest priority both internally and externally.
- Responsible for all employees, duties, time sheets and leave.
- Maintain property rentals by advertising and filling vacancies, negotiating and enforcing leases, and maintaining and securing premises.
- Establish rental rate by surveying local rental rates and calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
- Attract tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining advantages of location and services, and showing units.
- Contract with tenants by negotiating leases and collecting security deposit.
- Accomplish financial objectives by collecting rents, paying accounts, forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action. Daily liasing with the bookkeeper to supply relevant reports and forecasts.
- Maintain property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and completing repairs, planning renovations, contracting with gardening and cleaning services.
- Maintain building systems by contracting for maintenance services and supervising repairs.
- Secure property by contracting with security patrol service, installing and maintaining security devices, establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures, and responding to emergencies.
- Enforce occupancy policies and procedures by promoting the guest house on all available social media platforms, offering loyalty packages and confronting non-payers or poor payers.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a property management or similar
- 1-3 years’ management experience a plus
- 1-3 years’ guest house management a plus
- Proficiency with all computer Microsoft software as well as Semper.
- Solid knowledge of budgets and generally accepted accounting practices.
- Must be willing to complete the EAAB requirements.
Property Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Motivation for sales
- Familiarity with applicable Rental Housing Act as well as various other acts applicable to the industry including the new Property Practitioner’s Act.
- Knowledge of Contract law applicable to leases and tenant/landlord responsibilities and duties.
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Competence with office management software
- Internal communications
- Listening and asking quality questions.
Package & Remuneration
R240 000.00 Annual Cost to Company