Work Experience Opportunity For Graduates
National Museum is seeking dedicated and motivated graduate interns to gain work experience as a Procurement Officer. The interns will gain experience in procurement and any other finance related tasks.
The interns should be able to interact professionally with suppliers, effectively handle queries from suppliers, have knowledge of accounting & finance and have the ability to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and ages.
Key Performance Areas
- Defining specifications, and provide input to the preparation of specifications.
- Invite quotations and tenders
- Analyse quotations, bids and select appropriate promising supplier based on certain criteria
- Buying, award and completing contracts
- Prepare purchase orders & expediting orders
- Management of all department’s requests for quotes for each financial period, and ensuring that these are all done in time before year end.
- Executing procurement according to the procurement strategy.
- Clerical and administrative tasks: record keeping, minute taking, report generation and processing of documentation through all of the above activities.
- Preparation of monthly procurement report of all requests received to date verses requests actioned, and submit by the 7th of each month
- Contract Management
To be eligible for this opportunity:
Applicants must be based in the vicinity of Mangaung Metro Municipality, no applications outside the Mangaung Metro will be considered.
Qualifications / Fields of study:
Applicants must have recently completed an NQF Level 6 qualification in any of the folowing:
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Excellent report writing and minute taking skills
How to Apply
If you meet ALL the stated requirements, kindly e-mail your application to [email protected] , including a covering letter, the application form, certified copies of ID, qualifications and a comprehensive CV (including three referees with their contact details).
- Communication will be limited to the short-listed candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to a comprehensive selection process
- Applications not meeting the criteria will be disqualified.
- Should you not hear from us within one month after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: For further enquiries, contact Ms Tshedi Goliath on 051 4479609, alternatively send your email to [email protected]