Service Desk Technician – Contract- mrpIT
Are you an excellent communicator with great telephone and email etiquette? Do you have an affinity for troubleshooting computer and peripheral device problems? Do you have basic networking skills?
Then our Service desk position is a great first step into the IT field for you!
Some day to day tasks may look like…
- Providing telephonic and email 2nd line support and troubleshooting to all computer users at all Stores, Head Offices and the Distribution Centres within the Mr Price Group
- Liaise with external service providers to escalate problems where required
- Support our suppliers who use our software
- This is a contract position to start from October for 4 months to help on our service desk during peak time.
- The position is based in Durban, KZN. Preference will be shown to Durban based candidates as this is a contract role.
- Workdays are from Monday to Sunday with two days off. You would be required to work a 9-hour shift between the hours of 8:00 -17:00 daily. Your own reliable transport is preferred.
- Grade 12
- IT diploma/ Certificate
- Able to start immediately
- At least 1 year in an IT or Helpdesk environment
- Good technical knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Knowledge of our POS system would be a major advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- A high level of confidentiality
A little about us:
mrpIT is our very own in-house IT department. mrpIT has over 200 passionate IT professionals who are responsible for the architecture, development, maintenance, security and availability of the Group’s systems environment.
As a division, we are dynamic, responsive, creative and innovative “techies” and we aim to deliver differentiated solutions that are fit for purpose, balancing best of breed and value for money for the Group.