QPro Feeds is a dynamic Animal Feed Manufacturing business with a facility in both Bethlehem and Vrede. We are responsible for producing animal feed to in-house clients as well as external clients in the monogastric and ruminant fields.
We are looking for a qualified Millwright to join our team in Bethlehem. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of electrical, electronic and mechanical machinery and equipment in the feed mill. Preventative maintenance as well as meaningful reporting on breakdowns and equipment output will also be strong focus.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Millwright (N2 at minimum)
- Valid Trade Certificate: Millwright issued by QCTO and or an accredited institution (SETA)
- Sound knowledge of the OHS Act
- At least 3-years proven work experience in the FMCG environment.
- Wireman’s licence will be advantageous
- The ability to read electrical drawings
- Computer literacy in Windows as well as programming of PLC’s and related electronics
- PLC as well as VSD experience will be advantageous.
- Familiar with high-voltage connections
- Willingness to work shifts as well as standby duty
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain, repair, test and commission electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment and systems at the plant.
- Work on electrical transmission- and distribution equipment.
- Fabricate, fit and repair parts for machines and related equipment.
- Ensure high availability of plant- and mobile equipment.
- Reduce breakdowns and downtime period to limit financial losses.
- Standby duty after hours to assist with plant breakdowns.
- Continuous fault finding on plant machinery and other equipment.
- Planned Preventative Maintenance on OnKey (PRAGMA)
- Upkeep and management of Critical Spares List to limit downtimes due to waiting periods.
- Reporting on downtimes, breakdowns and other maintenance aspects on a monthly basis.
- Ability to function independently as well as in a team
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Communication skills and good people relations in the workplace
- Ability to work under pressure and extended hours
- Medically fit
The company can expire jobs at any time at our own discretion. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application as unsuccessful.