Midvaal Local Municipality
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for meter audits and issue temper fines working along with the Energy Section
- Responsible for replacing faulty meters
- Responsible for reading electricity meters physically and electronically
- Identify faulty meters and implement remedial actions
- Installation of metering infrastructure
- Attend to metering queries both prepaid and conventional
- Correcting accounts and recovering lost revenue
- Supervises and control over the allocated personnel
- Responsible for the safety of equipment and vehicles within area of responsibility
- Read Bulk meters on a monthly basis
- Perform any other related ad hoc tasks as instructed by management from time to time.
Candidates that apply for this position should note the following:
- The successful candidate will be expected to reside in the residential area of Lakeside where the facility is situated.
- The successful candidate will be expected to perform duties and tasks outside normal working hours (after hours, weekends and public holidays).
CLOSING DATE: 25 SEPTEMBER 2020 AT 12:00PM
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 (Matric) / N2.
- Qualified electrician (red seal)
- Wireman’s licence will be an added advantage
- Valid Drivers License ( PDP will be an added advantage)
- Experience in Electricity Metering (Prepaid and conventional)
- Knowledge of programmable meters will be an added advantage
- Must be willing to perform standby overtime duties
- Three (03) years’ relevant electrical experience preferably within a local government environment