Midvaal Local Municipality
Duties & Responsibilities
- o Assisting with the maintenance of electrical supply
- o Measuring work performance.
- o Ensuring discipline and controlling all activities.
Responsible for the safety and productivity.
Responsible for the safety of equipment and vehicles within area of responsibility
Responsible for the general maintenance on electrical infrastructure.
Install new electrical connections
Responsible for HT and LT reticulation
Perform any other related ad hoc tasks as instructed by management from time to time
CLOSING DATE: 25 SEPTEMBER 2020 AT 12:00 Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website.
For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 (Matric) / N3.
- Qualified electrician (red seal)
- Valid ORHVS and HV Operating Certificate (up to and including 88kV)
- Valid Code driver’s license with PDP
- Experience in underground and over-head reticulation systems
- Must be willing to perform standby overtime duties
- Wireman’s licence will be an added advantage
- Three (03) years’ relevant electrical experience preferably within a local government environment