https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png 0 0 Gover https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png Gover2020-11-02 17:16:012020-11-02 17:16:01Micro Technician Needed
Key Performance Areas include (but are not limited to):
- Align goals and objectives with site quality
- Manage Micro lab
- Manage equipment reliability
- Manage and optimise current lab systems
- Conduct site training as required and relevant
- Ensure compliance to standards and specifications
- Ensure integrity of results
- Analyse data of identify quality risks
- Analyse data to identify food safety risks
- Compliance to Micro methods and standards
- Ensure hygiene support and compliance
- Lead hygiene problem solving and improvement initiatives as applicable
- Effectively manage high performance culture of self
- Ensure sound approaches to health and safety at all times
- Manage factors concerning environment, risk and sustainable development
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Relevant working experience in an analytical laboratory and Micro laboratory (working experience in a wine-related intrinsic laboratory will be considered advantageous).
- Must have extensive Microbiological knowledge
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be computer literate ie MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc
- Attention to detail with the ability to work accurately.
- Excellent report writing and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability work well within a team.
- Must be able to think innovatively.
- Must have advanced problem solving ability
- Must be willing to work shifts, weekends and extended hours when necessary.
- Must have reliable transport to and from work.
- Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position.
A recognized and relevant Degree / Diploma in Microbiology, Food Technology or Biotechnology