DSV South Africa
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers.
Read more at www.dsv.com
Duties & Responsibilities
Main purpose of the role:
The primary job function will require the use of a MHE to assist in the movement and operational functions such as put-aways, picking and loading of stock around the warehouse and assisting departments where necessary with the speciﬁc skill of a MHE operator. These Assistants are accountable for the safe and eﬃcient operation of all equipment and will be expected to perform all duties as assigned.
As part of a multiskilling team, it may be required for MHE Operators to perform the role of a Material Handler. The General Warehouse Material Handler is responsible for all activities related to Inbound, Outbound, Cycle Counting and performing Value Added Services/Activities as well as housekeeping. This role is also responsible for counting and quality inspections of products, notifying leadership when there are non- conformances, e.g. incidents, damages, discrepancies, etc. In addition, Material Handlers are accountable for the safe and eﬃcient operation of all equipment and will be expected to perform all duties as assigned.
As part of the DSV team, MHE Operators are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. MHE Operators are always expected to comply with all corporate and site-speciﬁc policies and maintain company values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Operational Movement of stock
- The stock movement function includes but is not limited to, oﬄoading of stock from vehicles put-away’s, loading of stock onto vehicles, and stock relocation. Daily stock checks and stock take as required by the company.
- The picking functions include, but are not limited to, using a MHE to accurately pick orders to fulﬁll client demands. Assistants must eﬃciently and accurately pick products and stage in the appropriate areas. All picking functions will be processed as deﬁned by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Quality Control Responsibilities
- The quality control functions include, but are not limited to, using the appropriate documentation to ensure that all products and orders are received, handled and shipped correctly. Assistants will verify that products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies. All quality control functions will be processed as deﬁned by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance
- All Assistants are responsible for executing all safety protocols and will accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety. Assistants are responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of the facility and are required to maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area and assist in security of the warehouse.
- Assistants will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site-speciﬁc policies, safety rules, and OSHA/SDS Standards.
- In performing assigned duties, the equipment used can include, but is not limited to, a MHE. Assistants are responsible for the upkeep of equipment and reporting of equipment problems.
- Assistants will operate all equipment in a safe and eﬃcient manner and follow prescribed work methods.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Computer Literacy Level:
- 3-5 year experience in using WMS
- Advantage: 2-year experience and highly effective working knowledge of DSV CargoWRITE Warehouse Management System.
- Ability to use an RDT scanner
- Advance use of mobile / tablet / smartphone
Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in MHE Driver or Machine Operator.
MHE Operator License
Ability to read, write and communicate in English fluently and interpret/follow instructions
Ability to count and do basic subtraction, addition, multiplication and division
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should
an external candidate not hear from us within four (4) weeks following their application, they should consider their application unsuccessful. Strictly fair and non-discriminatory selection procedures will be followed. We use Affirmative Action (AA) measures in an endeavor to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced by designated groups. Where possible, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and in line with DSV’s Employment Equity plans. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.