Key Performance Areas will include:
- Increase machine availability
- Perform changeovers of equipment.
- Perform full line equipment repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance as per prescribed OEM and internal CMMS schedules.
- Serve as a backup to packaging hall operators as needed and to perform various production support activities as directed by Supervisor.
- Support process improvement teams.
- Optimise control systems regarding processes and production lines
- Provide technical and specialist support
- Determine causes of failures (fault finding)
- Ensure machine spares inventory is up to date and stock levels optimal.
- Budget control of machine maintenance activities.
- Leadership skills to train and coach other team members in order to develop their capabilities on specified equipment operations
- Ability to interpret Mechanical & Electrical Engineering drawings.
- Be familiar with Machinery safety & good GMP practice.
- Ensure safety of self, product, workplace and colleagues while ensuring the control of the impact of his activities on the environment.
- Maintain Food safety awareness and its relevance in order to ensure strict compliance in the work place
- SAP engineering maintenance capabilities – i.e. work order/work arising, spares tracking etc,
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Matric with at least N6 or other relevant qualifications
- Trade Tested Millwright, Electrician or Fitter by registered SETA firm. Millwright preferable.
- Must have high speed FMCG glass & Can bottling experience
- Up to 5 years’ relevant experience on machinery
- Basic Knowledge and experience on Siemens S5 and S7
- Basic Knowledge and experience on SCADA systems
- Must be prepared to work shifts, standby, overtime, public holidays and weekends when requested by supervisor or departmental heads. Required
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Must be innovative, analytical and pro-active
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Good at troubleshooting and fault-finding
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
To apply for this job please visit jobs.latestjobs.co.za.