Liberty Group Limited
Broker Consultant_ Cape Town
Location: Cape Town WC ZA, ZA
Company: Liberty Group Limited
At Liberty, we employ more than 6 000 people across 7 businesses in 18 African countries. Every day, our employees grow their knowledge by working with diverse groups of people who specialise in a wide range of skills across insurance, asset management, investment and health products. We continually seek to engage, develop, recognise and reward the people who make our business great.
- Provide specialist advice and support in area of accountability to ensure that identified solutions and recommendations are appropriate and effective.
- Ensure business retention through the application of various sales techniques such as rate negotiations, product comparisons and changing perceptions.
- Provide product training in order to ensure the transfer of product knowledge, enabling appropriate recommendations to clients.
- Ensures that underwriting practice and rules are fully understood and appreciated.
- Resolves any new business and servicing obstacles and blockages to increase Broker/IFA satisfaction and positively influence service perception.
- Accountable for the execution of specialised work including the improvement of quality, standards and outputs within defined work routines and operating procedures.
- Proactively solves problems, determines root-cause and applies solutions in line with guidelines and providing the necessary information to solve problems related to area of specialisation.
- Plan for own task execution and advises on improvements related to area of specialisation.
- Provide sound consulting services and recommendations based on customer needs, current information and trends.
- Informs, educates and up skill partners in sales and relationship mngt capabilities across the range of SBFC, products and services to ensure customers retention and increased sales revenue and growth.
- Provides a basic competitor analysis that enables a better understanding of relative product value, features, advantages and benefits across the range of SBFC products.
- Provides opportunity plans and insights to advisory partners on existing and new marketing opportunities across the range of SBFC products within and outside of existing client base.
- Develops basic insights into client needs and solutions that enables trust and confidence in continued and productive direct support interactions with advisory partners.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF) principles to provide specialist support and guidance.
- Adhere to specified standards, policies and procedures to prevent potential losses/wastage related to the area of specialisation.
- Interact proactively with others for the purpose of continuous knowledge sharing; and integration of own new knowledge.
- Contribute positively to own area-specific knowledge improvement associated with area of specialisation.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of work and continuously identify, rectify and escalate risks where necessary.
- Customer Understanding (Intermediate)
- Sales life cycle management (Intermediate)
- Research and Information Gathering (Basic)
- Insurance principles and practice (Intermediate)
- Reporting and Interpretation (Basic)
- Developing sales (Intermediate)
- Customer Advice (Technical) (Basic)
- Insurance products and services (Intermediate)
- Persuading and Influencing (Basic)
- Professional/Technical learning (Basic)
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking (Basic)
- Interpersonal Effectiveness (Basic)
- Problem Solving and Analysis (Basic)
- Teamwork and Cooperation (Basic)
- Communicating with Impact (Basic)
- Relationship Management and Networking (Basic)
- Customer Orientation (Basic)
We put our knowledge and insight acquired over the past 60 years, to serving a pan-African market of the future. Liberty has received its eighth certification as a Top Employer from the Top Employers Institute. See details here link