https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png 0 0 Gover https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png Gover2020-11-02 10:44:372020-11-02 10:44:37LEGAL ADVISOR Jobs
- Driver’s license and own vehicle.
- It is a requirement that the incumbent will be able to travel.
- Keen awareness of local legislation and regulations.
- Must be willing to function as part of a team.
- Solid general labour law experience.
- Litigation and specific arbitration experience.
- At least 5-7 years relevant professional experience, either in private practice or as in-house counsel.
- Technically minded with the ability to convert business management principles into coherent Legal documents.
Experience & Qualifications:
- LLB or BCom Law degree (completed) or relevant law degree.
- Minimum 5-7 years private practice or as in-house counsel experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years Labour Law litigation and Arbitration experience.
- Excellent knowledge and application of Labour Legislation.
- Relevant experience in the Financial Services Industry will be an advantage.
- Seasoned practitioner in litigation and conflict resolution
Responsibilities and work output:
- Legal advice on all labour and employee matters.
- Drafting and negotiating of contracts and other policies and procedures.
- Legal assistance with regard to assisting clients.
- Monitor and advise on legislative and regulatory changes with special emphasis on legislation applicable to the business.
- Negotiation and mediation of internal disputes where appropriate.
- Liaising with external parties including attorneys and counsel.
- Legal support to Human Capital, Recruitment and other operating departments.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant laws and regulations.
- Representation at the CCMA and Labour court.
- Researching and drafting opinions, attend to queries pertaining to legal issues, general compliance and checking legal documentation.
- Advise on and facilitate grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Compilation of contracts including settlement agreements, retrenchment agreements and addendums to existing contracts.
- Drafting and updating company policies in line with contemporary labour legislation.
- Responsible for the management of restructures, mergers, take-overs, transfers of going concerns and retrenchments.
- Responsible for external dispute resolution which includes the complete handling of disputes referred to the CCMA, Department of Labour, private arbitration and litigation in South African and International courts, including the Labour Court and Labour court/dispute resolution forums in Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana and the Human Rights Court.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Customer focused.
- Deadline driven.
- Strong problem-solving ability and quality orientation skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Decision making skills that can anticipate obstacles and overcome challenges in highly complex situations.
- Demonstrates discretion and confidentiality with all information.
- Strong relationship building skills.