Direct Reporting Line:
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE’S Varsity College in Sandton has a Lecturer (Independent Contractor) vacancy in the School of Management for the 1st Semester 2021 academic year:
Faculty of Commerce: Supply Chain Management:
- Communication Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Effective Classroom Management
- Open to Development
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- Honours in Supply Chain or Logistics Management.
- Honours in one of the Business related fields (e.g. operations, supply chain or logistic management) – with Supply Chain Management to the third year level
- Bachelor degree with Supply Chain Management or a similarly related field (e.g. operations, supply chain or logistic management) – with Supply Chain Management to the third year level PLUS either an MBAMBL or a postgraduate diploma in business or education.
Minimum Work Experience Required:
- Lecturing experience in Supply Chain Management/ Integrated Logistics Management/ risk/ supply chain / retail management/ operations management.
- Work experience as a logistics manager/ supply chain manager/ project manager/ risk manager/ retail management.
- Please note that these are Independent Contractor roles.
- Positions are part-time, with lectures taking place between 08:00 and 17:00