Progressive IT Resourcing
We are currently recruiting for a Lead BI Developer. The successful incumbent will be responsible for supporting the overall data storage and extraction processes, BI models/reports/dashboards, engaging with stakeholders, architectural design, technical solutions that deliver on business requirements, assisting with the development of an analytics capability and provide general support across the BI space.
This is a permanent opportunity, based in Centurion
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK OUTPUTS
- Design, document and communicate technical solutions that deliver on business requirements.
- Fulfil the role of subject matter expert on all technical aspects of BI products.
- Oversee all BI development / modelling activity incl. code reviews, issue resolution and general support.
- Develop technical standards and best practices.
- Identify opportunities to enhance and automate technical processes and solutions across BI projects and support operations.
- Support developers/modellers to develop data and/or analytical models.
- Form relationships and orchestrate delivery with key technical stakeholders across the business.
- Engage with technology vendors and external technical experts when conceptualizing, designing or implementing technical solutions.
- Designing (and assisting with design) of architecture used by specialists in solutions.
- Constant refinement to standardize and implement new functionality based on experience and lessons learnt.
- Designing and building reusable artefacts to improve speed of delivery and reliability of solutions.
- Identifying performance enhancements for BI and Integration solutions.
- Envision, Build and Execute a strategic BI model for the team.
- Support in the establishment and implementation of a fit for purpose; analytical and measurement framework, that delivers on all strategic analytical projects/outcomes.
- This includes analysis and integration of data, statistical model development and maintenance as well as provide streamlined support to stakeholders for all analytical requirements.
- Business Acumen
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Drive for results
- Impact and Influence
- Institutional Process Analysis and Redesign
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc Computer Science or related qualification.
- 5 – 10 years lead developer / manager experience within a BI environment.
- Experience with data modelling in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with the MS SQL Stack, and advanced proficiency in SSAS, SSIS, SSRS.
- Experience with Extract Transform and Load processes (ETL).
- Experience with PowerBI / QlikView / MicroStrategy or any comparable visualization toolset.