Lancet Phlebotomy Learnerships 2020
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Student Phlebotomy Technician. This is a Fixed Term Learnership Contract position based at KZN.
To develop learner competence (i.e. broad knowledge, skills and values) in performing phlebotomy techniques within a medical pathology environment
- Grade 12 with English, Mathematics and Biology D symbol
- Computer literate
- Phlebotomy procedures and processes
Key perfomance areas
A Phlebotomy Technician is trained to draw blood and collect specimens from patient or donors. Phlebotomy learners attend structured learning programmes including theory and practical training.
After successful completion of the 24 month training programme and the HPCSA board examination, the learner will be able to register with the HPCSA as a qualified Phlebotomy Technician enabling them to be employed in Medical pathology laboratories and blood donation organisations.
- Attends formal training programme including lectures, practical training and submission of assignments.
- Writing of Health Professions Council (HPCSA) board examination.
- Meet contractual obligations of Learnership appointment.
- Collection of venous and capillary blood and non-blood specimens for medical and blood donation purposes.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care.
How to Apply
Location: Kwazulu Natal
Location: Western Cape