Key Account Specialist: SanlamConnect Cape Region (Bellville) (Rerun)
Who are we?
Sanlam is dedicated to supporting, growing and empowering clients with affordable, easy and suitable solutions, primarily through face-to-face intermediary channels, but also directly. This role is within the financial planning business of Sanlam, which comprises a large force of both tied and independent intermediaries as well as the staff who support them. We are dedicated to meeting the financial needs of our clients. Our vision: We aspire to be the best at building enduring relationships by connecting clients with Sanlam through intermediaries and directly. We create sustainable value by attracting new clients, supporting ongoing client engagement and providing adaptive solutions designed to answer life’s financial questions. Ultimately we grow and protect wealth
What will you do?
This specialist role reports directly through to the RMM within the SPF Distribution Cape Region.
- Undertaking ongoing research and prospecting on key account opportunities
- Co-ordinate the contact and contracting for the activation of new key accounts
- Manage and grow a focused portfolio of key accounts
- Undertake financial education sessions at the key accounts (self and through the team of Financial Advisors)
- Manage the Key Account SLA including building effective relationships
- Manage and report on the performance of the key accounts
- Co-ordinate, manage and vest financial advisors working at these key accounts
What will make you successful in this role?
Qualification & Experience
- Grade 12, Financial/Business Degree (B.com, Bus. Science, Legal Degree)
- CFP® designation or Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning would be advantageous
- Extensive experience within a financial distribution business in a sales/marketing role
- Management (sales team) experience
- 5 years relevant industry experience
- Previous industry management experience will be a strong recommendation
- The successful candidate must meet the necessary FAIS requirements (120 credits included)
Knowledge and Skills
- Financial Services Industry Knowledge
- Financial Services Product Knowledge (Sanlam and competitors)
- Legislative compliance processes and practices
- Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Sales and advice processes/financial planning knowledge
- Prospecting processes
- Leads management processes
- Budgets and expense management
- Knowledge of how sales tools / aids could add value with SFA
- Knowledge of Key Accounts and all other markets and the functioning thereof
- Market segmentation
- Marketing and sales principles
- Knowledge of specific value propositions for different markets
- Cultivates Innovation
- Client centricity
- Results Driven
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Financial acumen
- Communicates effectively
- Decision quality
- Treating Customers Fairly
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
• The closing date for applications is 19 November 2020
The recruiter reserves the right to withdraw the advertisement prior to the closing date or to allow further applications to be submitted after the closing date indicated.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Life and Savings, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Corporate, Sanlam Investment, Santam, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.