John Thompson a Division of ACTOM (Pty)Ltd
A vacancy exists in the Nuclear Department of the Boiler and Environmental Business Unit, Koeberg Nuclear Power Station, for a person who works well with others, who has initiative and drive and is able to work under pressure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Welding activities to ensure efficient productivity in order to achieve the required production targets.
- To manage and ensure that the project weld procedure specifications are followed, guidelines are implemented and code requirements are complied with.
- Allocate all welders and supervisors to their specific work areas and ensure that all allocated welders are trained on the procedures for that specific area.
- Ensure that all welders are conversant with the Welding Procedure Specification that they will be required to work with in that area.
- Ensure shop floor activities are in accordance with the laydown plan by understanding the contractual requirements.
- Monitoring of welding electrodes, Daily Heat Input monitoring and correct welder identification on completed welds
- Be involved in various aspects of audits and ensuring prompt close outs. And also perform random inspections of welding equipment, weld preparations and final welds to ensure compliance.
- Welding store management and monitoring to ensure proper consumable management.
- Liaising with various stakeholders with regards to Procedure Qualification and also Welder Training and development.
- Liaise with the necessary inspection authorities for timeous Visual / Non-Destructive Testing (NDT).
- Ensure all safety requirements are in aligned with the various company and governmental regulations (constructions regulations, OSH act etc.) and continuously promote a safe working environment.
- Provide technical information and assistance where required and the resolution of technical issues that may occur.
Welder performance monitoring. Repair rate monitoring and root cause analysis
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Trade Test (Welder)
- SAIW Specialist Qualification or equivalent
- Supervisory course
- Relevant construction experience
- Communication in English (Verbal and Written)
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in the Nuclear Industry/Refinery/Power plant/Component fabrication