Incumbents will be required to:
- Ensure governance and adherence to the procurement policies and procedures.
- Establish sound relations with both external suppliers and internal customers
- Manage dependant and independent purchase requirements:
- Ensuring accurate vendor records
- Ensuring accurate master data
- Perform daily procurement routines
- Ensure effective service levels and delivery of Purchase Orders, On-Time-In-Full (OTIF)
- Analyse & take corrective action on abnormal requisitions (automated/manual).
- Actively and successfully drive continuous improvement initiatives:
- Optimise stock levels whilst reducing working capital spend.
- New Product Development (NPD) & Product Upgrade initiatives post site handover.
- Site procurement – risk management & control.
- Actively participate in department Mini-Business and Supply Chain E2 Operating principles.
Minimum Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- Grade 12 / NQF 4
- A Relevant tertiary qualification in supply chain management and/or purchasing is a prerequisite.
Skills & Knowledge required:
- 3 years Procurement/sourcing experience within an FMCG environment, dealing with complex dependant requirements and multiple raw material commodities.
- Working knowledge of Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) on an ERP suite (working knowledge of MRP on SAP R/3 is highly advantageous),
- Intermediate competency on MS Office (Outlook; PowerPoint; Excel & Word) is essential.
- Structured and meticulous individual with:
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent prioritisation (expediting and deferral) skills
- Sound interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Able to work unsupervised