Job Link Placement
Our client in the Meat import and sales industry is looking to employ a National Trader.
Experience as a Trader in the Meat Industry is essential.
This position will be available from the 1st of October 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for servicing larger customers
- Responsible for assisting with sales within the Junior Sales Executive category as well as larger quantity sales
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry
- Research and analyze sales options
- Sell products by establishing contacts and develop relationships with prospects and recommending solutions.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance
- Research and recommend new opportunities
- Recommend profit and service improvements
- Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities and competitors
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops etc
- Focus on pre-determined and defined geographical area of sales
- Maintain a customer database of at least 60 members
- Adhere to call cycles as determined by the company’s call frequencies.
- Maintain a monthly positive sales growth on allocated customer base
- Open no less than 10 new accounts in a one monthly cycle
- Continually look to improve sales efficiencies en-route to achieve sales objectives
- Manage external stakeholder relationships with clients
- Manage internal and cross departmental stakeholder relationships
- Gather and feedback market intelligence on a regular basis to necessary departments
- Handle customer complaints
- Constantly scanning your area of responsibility for sales improvement and feedback to your line management
- Bring to attention any necessary trade customer information that may be of interest to the management teamSalary: Negotiable based on direct meat import and sales industry related experience
Desired Experience & Qualification
• 4 – 5 years’ experience in sales within FMCG Industry
• MS Office Suite experience
• Excel skills
• Pastel / Syspro would be an advantage