To plan, direct and coordinate activities pertaining to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and business projects and ensure that project goals are accomplished; and are in line with business objectives. The person appointed to this position will be reporting to the Senior Manager: Project Management Office.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or a 3-year Information Technology Diploma or a related discipline, with an information technology focus and a Project Management certification. The candidate must have a minimum experience of 4 to 6 years of demonstrated project management in systems development and infrastructure related projects, during which more than one of the following occurred:
o Successfully developed and implemented new technology and work processes or process improvements;
o Gained experience working with customers to develop solutions to complex business problems; and
o Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, with strong ability in relationship management.
In addition, the candidate must have 5 years of progressive broad-based information systems and business experience; as well as experience in infrastructure and software engineering involving development and testing of applications.
Key Performance Areas:
• Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget;
• Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation;
• Review status reports prepared by project personnel, and modify schedules and plans as required;
• Ensure budget requirements for projects are identified and submitted on time;
• Work closely with business-units and ICT to understand and prioritise business goals and information needs;
• Prepare project status reports, and keep management, clients and others informed of project status and related issues;
• Plan team resource needs; allocate, supervise and review work; and
• Ensure that project governance is always adhered to for all projects.
Other Key Competencies:
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills and attributes: Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding; planning and time management skills; knowledgeable in project management; excellent skills in establishing priorities, managing workload, dependable and highly organised with business maturity, discretion, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, with an intermediate to advanced knowledge and usage of MS Project is critical. Good organisational skills and record keeping (attention to detail is critical) and a self-starter who can work independently.