Boikago Group (Pty) Ltd
Purpose of the Role
Assist in the implementation of Corporate Standards of Control & Corporate Conduct. The IC team are responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of business controls & work closely functional skill team leaders from a variety of very different functional areas including Marketing & Sales, Finance / Accounting, Manufacturing, IT, FCSD, Purchasing and Human Resources.
- Monitor, evaluate and provides recommendations for effective compliance to policies and procedures including interpretation of Corporate policy
- Provide technical input and recommendations regarding changes to policies, systems, processes, procedures
- Provide consultancy and guidance on the development of corrective action plans to address major and minor control breakdowns including review of proposed implementation actions, sustainability testing and comment closure
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of corrective action plans implemented by Operations for different issues
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Lead and independently perform risk assessments in key operational areas in order to evaluate and process map the control points, identify control gaps and make recommendations on closure actions.
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Senior Management and Corporate Committees informed of the operation and progress of compliance and internal control efforts.
- Collaborate with the IC team in the International Markets Group(IMG) to ensure consistent interpretation and deployment of corporate policies across all IMG markets
- Co-ordinate and support FMCSA audits performed by the Company’s independent internal audit activity on an annual basis
- Support and participate in implementation of system and process launches
Minimum experience & qualifications required
- BCom / B-tech in Finance or related finance field(Auditing or Accountancy_
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in internal/external audit, accounting or finance positions.
- Experience in Automotive or large MNC manufacturing organizations will be an advantage
- Relevant Sarbanes Oxley experience, preferably from within a global multinational organisation
Behavioural skills required
- Fluent English Language capabilities, both written and oral
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes Oxley Act (S-Ox)
- The ability to manage independently a diverse workload ensuring effective priorization with minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to build strong relationships and an aptitude for working in a team environment
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Analytical approach and strong decision-making and judgement skills.
- Advance Excel and Presentation Skills
- Confidence and knowledge to present to and directly challenge actions, decisions and behaviours of Senior Finance and operating Management (training on Corporate processes will be provided)
- The ability to stand-in for the Internal Control Supervisor when required