KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- The incumbent is contracted to provide legal services to Mintek on IP related issues, specifically:
- Ensuring that Mintek’s Intellectual Property is protected or appropriately managed;
- Ensuring Mintek’s interests are protected in third party contracts;
- Conducting legal due diligence in relation to the IP portfolio; and
- Leading commercial interactions to ensure that the opportunity is maximised.
- Perform IP related legal services, including ensuring legal compliance.
- Undertake IP identification & screening including due diligence assessments.
- Development of IP term sheets and other strategic documents and plans.
- Lead the drafting of commercialization agreements.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Legal degree (LLB) Ideal: Specialization in Intellectual Property, and Commercialization Contracting.
- 10 years working experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in technology transfer and commercialisation, including in a scientific RDI environment.
- Protection and enforcement of IP rights.
- IP Litigation.
- Ability to manage stakeholders (attorneys, legal consultants, service providers etc.).
- Good written and communication skills.
- Good people management skills, and the ability to interact with a range of stakeholders and different levels.
- Excellent computer skills (including word processing and spreadsheet packages).
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing commercial transactions and providing legal counsel relating to IP contracting.
- Understanding of the Intellectual Property Rights from Publicly Financed Research & Development (IPR-PRDR) Act and compliance requirements of an OTT.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cope in a stressful and demanding environment.
- Good Management skills.
SALARY PACKAGE: NEGOTIABLE
CLOSING DATE: 9 NOVEMBER 2020
The above-mentioned vacancy is also available on the Mintek website at www.mintek.co.za
Mintek is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, whose aim is to promote representivity in all levels of occupational categories.