Tasiso Consulting (Pty) Ltd
Lead the conceptualization and design of enterprise wide solution architecture and provide enterprise solution architecture guidance and services guided by the EA principles and policies.
- Understand and familiarize with the project’s business requirements
- Understand and familiarize with the proposed conceptual solution business, data and application architecture domains
- Understand and familiarize with the solution architecture meta-model
- Understand and familiarize with the as-is infrastructure and security architecture
- Create the Conceptual and logical infrastructure and security architecture for the proposed solution.
- Create the overall system architecture documentation and implement standards and guidelines that direct the design of technology solutions, in partnership with other domain architects.
- Architect and design secure robust, scalable infrastructure platforms to support the delivery of the Company’s products and services. This also includes the adoption of reusable technology assets to improve efficiency.
- Designs and completes a detailed analysis of systems/data/infrastructure, to ensure systems/data/infrastructure meets security standards and are resilient in the event of a disaster.
- Identify security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; studying architecture/platform and identifying integration issues.
- Plan and design security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices.
- Design and develop security systems by establishing requirements for public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
- Design and develop security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment;
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge.
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cybersecurity requirements.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Develop TOR’s and evaluate requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Perform vendor identification, engagement, selection, negotiation and relationship management
- Drive product evaluation and selection of new infrastructure products to meet strategic business initiatives. This may include project activities from proofs-of-concept, production deployment and handover to operations
- Documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including internal tools where appropriate.
- Designs and executes test plans to verify correct operation of completed system implementations.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post Graduate degree in Computer science or equivalent
- TOGAF certification is a requirement. Knowledge of other frameworks (e.g. Zachman) will be an advantage.
- Sound PC skills including Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture tools like Casewise, Visio, Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- At least ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience in developing infrastructure architectural designs
- At least ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience and knowledge of infrastructure development and implementation methodologies
- At least ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience in ICT infrastructure and ICT security infrastructure across the ICT systems landscapes and application portfolios
- At least ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience of VMware or other virtual software, including server infrastructure, capacity planning, storage requirements, and networking protocols and productivity tools
- Provide thought leadership, innovation and best practice
- Work collaboratively with other EA team members (domain architects) on the projects to deliver the architecture artefacts and guidance provided from those teams into the programmes and projects
- Analyses system requirements and defines system architecture that will meet business needs, including server infrastructure, capacity planning, storage requirements, and networking protocols.
- Review architecture deliverables and artefacts
- Experience In hybrid, private and public cloud architecture design