Institution: Paarl Hospital (Chief Directorate: Rural Health Services)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Appropriate cleaning experience in a hospital environment.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts including night duty, overtime, weekends, public holidays and rotate to other departments in the hospital.
- Good communication skills (read, speak and write) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge of infection control and safety procedures of a hospital environment.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Provide clean, safe and hygienic environment in terms of standards and procedures to prevent injuries and the spread of infection which includes: sweeping, scrubbing, mopping of floors, dusting, polishing of floors and furniture, emptying bins daily, cleaning of windows, light shades, walls and all toilets, sluices and drains.
- Ensure that cleaning equipment, e.g. polishing and scrubbing machines, mops, brooms and buckets are clean after use and securely stored.
- Effectively use cleaning agents and stock as well as stock control.
- Ensure cost effective management of cleaning supplies.
- Attend in-service training appropriate to service delivery and give effective support to supervisor and colleagues.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a practical test.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (People’s Post 9/3/2020, PSVC 10/2020)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.co.za.