Western Cape Department of Health
Institution: Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital, Rondebosch
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate waste management experience in a hospital setting.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Compulsory shift work, flexible hours, weekends, and public holidays.
- Physical, mentally and emotionally fit to provide an essential service.
- Ability to participate and work as part of a team.
- Maintain effective relationships with staff, patients and public.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Effectively deliver environmental hygiene.
- Perform the internal transportation, handling and disposal of waste.
- Aiming to meet waste reduction and recycling targets.
- Ensure the correct and safe waste methods of waste segregation, storage, transport, and disposal of waste.
- Ensure that waste is collected in the prescribed containers at the point of generation.
- Collection of all types of waste.
- Maintain good hygienic control over instruments and trolleys.
- Ensure that all waste areas are kept need and tidy and locked when not in use.
- Ensure 100% compliance in terms of NCS.
- Assist with the supervision of waste outsourced service provider.
- Ensure that boxes are weighted correctly according to weight limit.
- Ensure that boxes are sealed correctly because of cross infection.
- Ensure record keeping.
- Maintain protective clothing code.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.