KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- The Head: Office of Technology Transfer is responsible for:
- All aspects involved in the management of the Mintek OTT and administration of the organisation’s intellectual property (IP) portfolio;
- Assessing Mintek’s IP portfolio to identify opportunities for IP commercialisation;
- Conducting market assessments and identifying future RDI opportunities aligned to market needs;
- Ensuring the successful maturing and commercialisation of research outputs in support of Mintek’s mandate and national development imperatives; and
- Maintaining Mintek’s compliance with the Intellectual Property Rights from Publicly Financed Research & Development (IPR-PRDR) Act and reporting requirements of the National Intellectual Property Office (NIPMO).
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Min: MSc degree in science/ engineering/commerce but preferably a PhD.
- 10 to 15 years working experience minimum with at least 10 years in technology transfer and commercialisation and/or new product development environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing a technology transfer and commercialization function, including in a scientific RDI environment.
- Formal training in project management or experience in managing large, multi-disciplinary and multi-party projects in the new product development/innovation space an advantage
- A proven track record of technology transfer and commercialisation.
- Solid understanding of the IPR-PFRD Act and compliance and reporting requirements for the OTT
- Demonstrated knowledge of bringing products to market, conducting due diligent assessments, and understanding the hurdles faced in different sectors, regulatory requirements etc.
- Ability to develop commercialisation strategies and compile business plans for particular products/technology solutions.
- Knowledge and skills in sourcing funding and investment for new technology development.
- Excellent communication and people management skills, and the ability to interact with a range of stakeholders and different levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cope in a stressful and demanding environment.
- Good Management skills.
SALARY PACKAGE: NEGOTIABLE
CLOSING DATE: 9 NOVEMBER 2020
The above-mentioned vacancy is also available on the Mintek website at www.mintek.co.za
Mintek is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, whose aim is to promote representivity in all levels of occupational categories.