A FMCG Receivables Controller job description includes overseeing the collection of customer accounts in a manner that ensures high customer satisfaction and loyalty. As such, a FMCG Receivables Controller must be able to communicate in an efficient yet friendly manner with customers.
The individual is responsible for contacting debtors for the collection of outstanding payments, as well as resolving claims and disputes arising from customers, with the objective of avoiding invoices in arrears.
Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the process of contacting debtors for payments/outstanding amounts on accounts
- Send agreed and approved communication in standard formats (SMS, email letters) to serve as reminders final demands
- Manage the process of collections from order to legal action
- Monitor and manage the transactional work list
- Ensure that the correct process is followed in respect of claims on discounts, returns, bottles
- Manage the process whereby to investigate the validity of claim
Customer & Stakeholder Relationship Results
- Maintain sound working relationship with stakeholders
- Build, support and maintain healthy, diverse internal and external relationships to ensure achievement of organisational goals
Risk & Governance, Compliance and Reports
- Proactive risk identification, mitigation and management
- Ensure compliance to Order to Cash policies, procedures and contracts
- Compile, submit and present various reports as required
- Provide progress reports and performance reports when required
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Matric certificate with Accounting as a main subject
- Credit Management 1&2 (beneficial)
- 3-5 years’ experience in collections and accounts receivable with either PnP, Shoprite or Masscash experience as a pre requisite.
- Knowledge within a collections and accounts receivable department
- Multi-task and work efficiently
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effectively prioritize daily workloads
- Strong written and verbal communication, including the ability to assertively communicate with customers to obtain timely payments
- Experience with MS Office applications and SAP
- Self-start and work independently
- Understanding of debit/credit entries
- Build relationships both in credit department and across departments
To apply for this job please visit jobs.latestjobs.co.za.