Western Cape Department of Health
Institution: George Regional Hospital (Chief Directorate: Rural Health Services)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and meical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Perform certain messenger duties between the stores and other departments within the hospital environment.
- Clean various stores and non-storage areas within the main stores.
- Ensure issue vouchers are returned to the relevant store clerk, signed by the receiving department, to capture and file.
- Assist store clerk with deliveries, pack, unpack, store and issue stock according to the standard procedures.
- Safe-keeping of consumables, inventory and stock control.
- Assist store clerk with stock-take, general duties and keep the store neat, tidy and clean in order to comply to safety regulations.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for these posts. Short listed candidates may be subject to competency testing.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (George Herald 27/2/2020, PSVC 7/2020)