- Sovereign Foods is looking for a thorough and committed individual to take up the role of General Manager: Feed Raw Materials Procurement, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The successful incumbent will be a focussed, pro-active and results orientated individual that will manage and oversee the complete feed raw materials procurement process for the Group with a budget in excess of R1bn per annum and include supplier development and negotiations, SAFEX trading and in bound raw materials supply chain management.
Whilst experience in the field is key and mandatory, a tertiary qualification in a related field will be an advantage. The ideal candidate must have 10 years’ experience at a management level with at least 5 years’ experience in the feed raw materials procurement or trading field with experience handling a supply chain in excess of R200m per annum.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the following results:
• Managing and overseeing the complete feed raw materials supply chain.
• Developing suppliers and supplier relationships
• Ensuring that raw materials sourced are of the correct quality and specification
• Managing complex pricing and hedging structures and strategies on various trading exchanges
• Managing complex inbound logistics
• Setting and meeting annual procurement budgets
• Monthly reporting and analysis on raw material expenditures
• Managing a team to facilitate the various requirements of the supply chain
Critical Competencies and Skills
• Strong leadership and procurement competencies
• Good negotiator
• Good analytical skills and able to take corrective action
• Excellent time management skills
• Good communicator
As Sovereign Foods is an equal opportunity employer, preference will be given applicants of designated groups, as defined by the Employment Equity Act.
Only appropriately qualified and experienced individuals should submit a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and a copy ID to the HR Team.
To apply forward your application via email to **************************
Closing date: 07 September 2020
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Minumun level of education: Grade 12 /N4 (Matric)
- Years of experience: 10
- Language(s): English
- Driver’s license: C ,C1
- Availability for travel: Yes
- Availability for change of residence: No