Managed People Solutions
The General Accountant is responsible for various finance related tasks depending on the fluctuating needs in this fast-paced dynamic environment. This position will need to perform general accounting tasks such as reconciliations, full Value-Added tax function (submission, reconciliations and SARS queries), fixed cost control, document control, payment preparations, invoicing, e-filing, fixed asset function management for the group, debit and credit card management, accounting reports and journals within the Navision ERP system.
- Prepare reconciliation of fixed assets for all group companies and account for all movements in assets along with reconciling assets on the ERP system with that on Navision.
- Submit, interrogate, and reconcile VAT monthly and deal with queries.
- Manage the fixed costs of the business daily.
- Prepare reconciliations and expense allocation of company debit cards. Manage debit card payments.
- Ensure all PO’s are authorised with relevant invoice attached and scanned into the ERP system. Ensure supplier invoice is compliant with SARS VAT legislation and general accounting practice
- Ensure all PO’s are allocated correctly.
- Ensure all required statements have been obtained from supplies timeously as per monthly age analysis.
- Prepare reconciliations for payment with relevant documentation attached.
- Ensure allocations on payments to be applied correctly.
- Manage reconciliations of outstanding accounts and monitor outstanding accounts as per age analysis.
- Manage staff reimbursed expenses included ensuring correct GL allocation and necessary authorization. Prepare payment for authorization
- Prepare invoices and documentation for intercompany invoices and monitor the intercompany clearing accounts.
- Manage the monthly e-filing submission requirements in respect of EMP201 for the group. Manage the bi-annual e-filing submission requirements in respect of EMP501 for the group.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for allocated accounts.
- Monthly review of the company insurance policies ensuring accurate allocation and all assets included. Prepare for payment.
- Manage monthly review of lease and bond schedules. Prepare for payment.
- Ensure all costs incurred on behalf of third parties are recovered on time.
- Prepare monthly VAT reconciliations
- Prepare monthly fixed cost reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for all relevant accounts.
- Prepare monthly fixed asset reconciliations.
Effective Human Capital Management and Development
- Energetic and detail orientated
- Belief and thrive in hands-on approach environment
- Willing to perform certain repetitive tasks
- Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Plan and prioritize, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands.
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change.
- Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organisational needs.
- Grade 12
- Tertiary Education: Diploma / Degree relating to Bookkeeping
- Diploma / Degree relating to Accounting
- Completed SAICA / SAIPA articles will be advantageous
- 5 years’ experience in various fields of accounting
- Navision experience will be advantageous