Gauteng Deptartment of Agriculture
Gauteng Department Agriculture and Rural Development invites candidates to apply for Graduate / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021.
The Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development has graduate programme designed to provide the learner with experience and developing their skills that will enhance their prospects of gaining meaningful employment.
- Grade 12 plus a recognized National Diploma/Degree in agriculture as recognised by SAQA.
- CROP Farm Assist with planting, maintaining, harvesting, washing and storing produce.
- Support the harvesting of all farm and greenhouse areas following sustainable harvesting practices.
- Taking stewardship of the land, plants and environment by making a commitment to the sustainability and well-being of the project and the people involved.
- Notify Manager of irrigation system issues for farm and greenhouse.
- Support production planning and scheduling for all areas of farm and greenhouse.
- Assess farm and greenhouse growing conditions.
- Develop and discuss alternative and innovative strategies for farm planting and maintenance which applies to intensive small-acreage farming.
How to apply
- To apply for the above position, please apply online or Hand Deliver at Ground floor, Main entrance 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House.
- Applications must be submitted on a Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website which must be completed in full.
- Candidates must attach their recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies allowed; certification should not be more than six months old).
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- This initiative targets qualified unemployed graduates in agriculture who want to venture into entrepreneurial projects related to agriculture, forestry and fisheries.
- Of the targeted unemployed graduates, a minimum of 50% must be women and 60% must be youth (18-35 years).
- Unemployed graduates from colleges of agriculture will receive first priority
Reference Number: REFS/006615
Package: R87 000.00 Per annum Closing Date : 30-10-2020
Address: Ground floor, Main entrance 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House.
Enquiries: Mr. Nkosikhona Masangane (011) 240 3094 or Margaret Digoro (011) 240 3097