Reference: #FSCA: INT 2021
Description: Financial Sector Conduct Authority is inviting learners to apply for their Graduate Programme.
Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) seeks to equip young graduates with knowledge of, skills in, and exposure to the market conduct regulation and supervision in general, and its role in the economy.
The internship programme is structured and specifically designed to produce a pipeline of competent financial analysts and semi-skilled employees, for the FSCA and the country and to transform the integrity of financial markets and to protect financial customers by promoting fair treatment by financial institutions as well as providing financial customers with financial education and maintaining financial stability.
Recommended candidates will be given an opportunity to learn under the supervision of a dedicated mentor.
Interns are assigned to a division, based on their qualifications and career aspirations, and exposed to various competency-based roles during their one-year training.
Interns also attend various technical and soft skills training programmes to augment their programme.
Graduates or Grade 12 with interest in at least one of the following areas:
- Accounting / Forensic Accounting.
- Data Analytics / Decision Science / Science.
- Economics / Econometrics.
- Financial Management / Public Finance.
- Information Technology.
- International Relations.
- Operations Research / Research.
- Policy Analysis.
- Portfolio or Investment Management.
- Risk Management.
- Statistics; Mathematics / Applied Mathematics.
Duration: One-year internship
- South African Citizen.
- South African Identity Document.
- Curriculum Vitae – CV.
- Certified Copies of Qualification.
- Must have no work experience.
- Strong desire to work in financial services sector (market conduct regulation and supervision).
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
FSCA is committed towards increasing the representation of marginalised groups in line with its Employment Equity Plan. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that correspondence and communication will only be conducted with short listed candidates and that the FSCA reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.