https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png 0 0 Gover https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png Gover2020-11-02 02:14:032020-11-02 02:14:03FRONT-END DEVELOPMENT TEAM LEAD Jobs
Planning and Design
- Facilitate technical understanding of new requirements.
- Coordinate the identification of affected artifacts, including test script changes, deployment scripts changes, DB changes, test tool changes.
- Estimate development effort with team members.
- Provide effort and schedule estimations for release planning purposes.
Code Development & Releases
- Ensure the development environments adhere to applicable standards and processes.
- Allocate development work to team members with due consideration of skill levels, work preferences and personal development goals.
- Monitor the progress of the developers in order to meet release commitments.
- Ensure update to the Dev regression pack takes place.
- Ensure that Dev and QA regression packs are run on code changes before a release.
- Ensure tag and release of new code takes place.
- Ensure documentation is updated and placed under configuration control.
Team Support and Development
- Facilitate the definition and implementation of discipline/standards in collaboration with the developers and other development Team Leads.
- Remove impediments and coordinate the solving of technical problems.
- Provide inputs when required on technology and tool selection.
- Identify and propose training requirements for the team.
Larger program integration and support
- Work with other team leads to define, maintain and improve cross-program and cross-discipline processes and standards.
- Report on team activities and progress against program expectations as per reporting schedule or on request.
- Represent team interests in program-level decision making.
- Highlight schedule, technical, resource and other risks as soon as they become known.
- Tertiary qualification in Information Sciences or Engineering
- At least 6 years Front End Development experience, with at least 4 years’ experience as a Senior Front-End Developer
- Proven experience in the application and continuous improvement of development standards, processes and tools.
- Thorough understanding and experience of SDLC processes applicable to large scale software development scenarios.
Specific skills and knowledge Requirements:
- Experience of the following technologies:
- Angular 5 and newer
- Experience with front-end design, architecture and frameworks
- Experience with an application server (IBM WebSphere/IHS – preferable)
- Integration experience (RESTful services, JSON, SOAP)
- XML Schema
- Maven, Jenkins
- SQL and experience with a relational database (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DB2)
- SOA experience
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good relationship skills.
- Good conflict management skills.
- Leadership and people management abilities – manage, coordinate, monitor, mentor. Open and approachable, but firm.
- Mature technologist and depth of experience to grasp issues quickly and making educated, critical judgment in the absence of complete information.
- Multi-functional software development skills, lead and participate.
- Good planning abilities.
- Ability to switch between big picture thinking and discussing/defining details at a deeper technical level