Ford Motor Company of South Africa (Pty) LTD
A 2-Year Fixed Term Contract position has become available for a Tooling & Facility Engineer to join our dynamic team.
Serve as the main plant interface in the development of all Machinery Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (MFEA’s) for new and modified equipment, Support VOME to deliver the Reliability & Maintainability (R&M) and FTPM strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop facility layout requirements with staff and the plant department area leaders.
- Coordinate plant building construction with staff and the area launch leaders Liaise with contractors and internal customers to clarify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Schedule and provide oversight to the internal construction team and the outside contractors.
- Support equipment installation, refurbishment and all other Tooling Trial (TT) requirements.
- Assist the LPWR Leader to review the equipment documentation and the technical training materials.
- Assist in the identification of tooling requirements and the procurement of all power and hand tools.
- Oversee the design and layout of all tooling.
- Establish tooling readiness targets for initial start-up by sequence of operations.
- Effectively participate in equipment design and buy off to ensure equipment’s are meeting RFQ requirements.
- Ensure equipment buy off is completed with quality test procedures to ensure equipment’s are meeting necessary delivery & quality standards.
- Develop timing for necessary building and tooling refurbishments and installations.
- Coordinate plant participation in the tooling vendor design reviews and equipment buyoffs.
- Coordinate validation of the tooling capability. Manage any tooling modifications that may be required to achieve the desired capability or any changes deemed necessary due to issues encountered during the pre-production builds.
- Integrate new and modified tooling and equipment into the Maintenance Operating System (MOS).
- Serve as the main plant interface in the development of all Machinery Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (MFEA’s) for new and modified equipment Able to work in non-production time to supervise installation and address issues as required.
- Deliver the Reliability & Maintainability (R&M) and FTPM strategies.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES / SUCCESS CRITERIA
- Meet project delivery deadline. On time completion.
- Meet customer requirements and satisfaction.
- Achieve buy off as per outlined objectives.
- Ensure Plant Maintenance are fully trained.
- Ensure Project is on PM when Handing over to Production.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- National Diploma or Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- Min 3 years’ experience in automated plant ant project management in the automation portfolio desirable.
- Previous experience in developing conveyor systems, modernization of the systems, cooperating with Project Managers for the delivery of projects.
- Experience on installation and commissioning.
- Automotive industry background.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Basic understanding of automation systems.
- Resilience, flexibility, teamwork, cost awareness.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA)
- Excellent knowledge of the conveyor’s types, components, benefits of different conveyors types, civil works, EMS, Fluid, Filling and Glazing Equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of materials and components, international standards (e.g. steel grades, properties; bearings; motors, etc.).
- Intermediate to advanced level application of conveying techniques such as metering, induction, sortation, AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor, CATIA, simulation packages.
- Understand how to find information in broader Ford work, e.g. PD drawings, quality procedures etc. will be a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate in a professional manner both verbally and written.
- Ability to teach and lead other engineers.
- Strong knowledge of the manufacturing processes.
- Ability to read technical drawings, specifications, knowledge of the ISO drawing standards.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to analyze, diagnose and implement corrections to the equipment operation issues, and suggest design/process changes.
- Strong knowledge of the MS Word, Excel, Access, Visio, MS Project and Outlook.
- Ability to work under stress and tough project deadlines without deterioration of the quality of work.
- Effective communication skills to mediate disputes and uncover hidden objections or concerns.
- Able to anticipate and resolve problems before they happen.
- Adaptable to a flexible process structure. Comfortable with a startup, high growth environment where individuals sometimes serve in multiple roles.
Package & Remuneration