Ford Motor Company of South Africa (Pty) LTD
Our company is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Frames Stamping Engineer to join our dynamic team.
The role of the Stamping Engineer is to ensure that the Frames Stamping program is delivered on time, on budget and at required quality and productivity levels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with vehicle operations, engineering teams and suppliers on part and product conformances.
- Raise Purchase Orders etc. as required for Tooling and Facilities.
- Participate in tooling reviews and buyoff activities.
- Assist all Launch and frame assembly part quality activities.
- Support PSW and acquire required customer acceptances
- Compile and report LQOS (Launch Quality Operating System) metrics
- Evaluate manufacturing problems and product non-conformances to determine ways for improving manufacturing
- Identify and analyze deviations from established company quality standards, write NCRs and implement corrective action
- Manage control plans for all active products and derivatives
- Manage customer specification database and ensure that all revisions are documented
- Conduct root cause investigations and prevent re-occurrence’s
- Conduct PVT & TVM activities as required
- Work with both facility and tooling team both within to ensure all launch metrics are delivered.
- Buy off tooling at supplier site, ensure timely in plant delivery timing allowing for robust launch and early PSW completion
- Improving FPA to better than expected levels
- Ensuring all tool run at Engineered Cycle Rate prior to production handover.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES/ SUCCESS CRITERIA
- Ensure project on-time delivery
- Deliver project to budget and costing delivery
- Ensure component capability and quality is achieved to standards and specifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES (KSA)
- Strong trade and hands on background experience.
- Exposure to both advanced engineering programs and launch.
- Prior experience in stamping production and or tooling manufacture.
- Self-Starter / Initiative
- Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Positive and Find a way attitude
- Solid technical background
- Team leadership
Desired Experience & Qualification
- National Diploma / Degree Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years in stamping and tool development
- Knowledge of CAD systems
Package & Remuneration