Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Acceleration Centre is the natural extension of PwC’s leading class global delivery capabilities. We provide premium, cost effective, high quality services that support process quality and delivery capability in support for client engagements.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Render audit support services out of a Service Delivery Centre. Main duty will be performance of financial statement disclosure checklists on behalf of audit teams. Other responsibilities may include assisting with Financial Statement Quality Checks.
Key Performance Areas
- Performing financial statement disclosure checklists. This includes financial statements prepared using IFRS, IFRS for SMEs and other relevant reporting frameworks.
- Assisting with Financial Statement Quality Checks (FSQCs) on financial statements may also be required from time to time.
FSQCs include for example:
- Agreeing comparative figures to prior year financial statements
- Checking mathematical accuracy
- Checking internal consistency i.e. between the face of the statements and the notes thereto; page references; note references
- Sequence checks i.e. page numbers; note numbers
- Agreeing current year figures to supporting documentation
- Checking changes across multiple drafts.”
1. Qualification / Education:
Completed SAICA or SAIPA articles with relevant degree
Professional Accountant (SA)
Chartered Accountant (SA)
2. Experience: None, but relevant work experience (accounting or audit related) after articles will be advantages.
3. Key Competencies:
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Willingness to learn
- Computer literate – Good knowledge of Excel
- Accurate and organised, with strong attention to detail
- Good communication and human relation skills
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Fluent in English (Fluency in Afrikaans and English will be preferable)
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
April 10, 2020
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.co.za.