https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png 0 0 Gover https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png Gover2020-10-11 12:09:022020-10-11 12:09:02Financial Risk & Compliance Controller Needed
- Complete assigned work in terms of the approved work plan
- Plan and prepare for all assignments to ensure that the reviews are performed effectively and efficiently
- Apply the requirements of the FRC Methodology and job expectation requirements
- Ongoing communication and correspondence with the Financial Risk and Compliance Manager to ensure adherence to the risk compliance strategy and work plan.
- Take full responsibility for controlling and testing internal controls and all compliance related matters of the operations to mitigate all financial and compliance related risks.
- Perform follow-up reviews and report on results found
- Ensure that independence and objectivity is maintained throughout reviews
- Provide recommendations needed to mitigate risks identified.
- Review and report all breaches in controls
- Clear, transparent and accurate communication with the Branch and Regional Management in relation to findings noted. All findings signed off in formal closing meeting
- Provide work performed during Fieldwork stage to the Financial Risk and Compliance Manager for review within the required deadlines
- Prepare a report based on actions expected from the Branch management team and Regional Executive and send detailed findings draft report for review by the Financial Risk and Compliance Manager
- Address review notes raised within the required deadlines
- Ensure that the code of conduct, policies and / or procedures are followed and adhered to
- Upholds The Building Company Values: Honesty, Respect, Accountability, Energy and Resourcefulness
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Tertiary qualification: B. Com (internal auditing) or similar with related experience (Min 3 – 4 years)
- Strong ability to formulate and implement effective internal controls in a retail environment
- A fair understanding of good corporate governance concepts and practices
- A fair understanding of risk and compliance
- Report writing skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Energetic and willing to travel frequently
- Dynamic with people skills & interactive capability in a challenging environment
- Effective communication skills
- Adhere and deliver on tight deadlines
- Attention to detail, ability to deal with conflict, able to work in a team, able to be self-motivated, self-starter