Join our award-winning commercial editorial team at BrandStudio.24. We’re looking for a new team member to join our content marketing team and help us tell, and bring to life attention-grabbing, purpose-driven stories for some of the SA’s top brands. We work to bring the story to life in various formats through multiple channels and we need someone with business / fin / tech know-how and proven writing ability. If you can produce engaging business stories, unpack financial jargon clearly and create a tech product review, flawlessly, publish ready and to deadline, we’re looking for you.
Produce relevant, compelling, and factually correct premium analysis and feature content for across the 24.com stable of brand – News24, Business Insider, Fin24, Health24 and more.
- Adhere to the quality, style and content standards as laid out and required by the particular publication;
- Will be responsible for the creation or briefing of multimedia content, images and infographics.
- Must have the ability to write in and easily switch between a variety of styles, from Business and Fin content to lifestyle topics, human interest, and health content.
- Must have a good understanding of online media
- Must have excellent English language writing, subbing and editing skills
- Must be versatile and flexible, and adaptable to change
- Must be able to perform under pressure, with short turn-around times
- Must be able to interpret a client brief and create content that meets brand needs and captures reader engagement.
- Previous Content marketing, native advertising or writing for a brand experience advantageous.
Skills & Competencies:
- Able to write fluently, clearly and creatively in English;
- Creativity in problem-solving and story idea generation;
- Demonstrable copy editing skills will be plus;
- Able to work under extreme pressure and to strict deadlines;
- Good time management and the ability to multitask effectively and follow through;
- Knowledge of the online news environment;
- Knowledge of social media
- Detail orientation;
- Good people skills;
- Quality orientation;
- Good decision-making abilities;
- Persistence and results orientation
- Questioning and listening skills
- The ability to work independently
- 3-5 years’ experience as a writer;
- Diploma or degree in journalism, languages or media studies
- Copy editing or sub-editing experience will be a plus;
- Good general knowledge;
* Disclaimer: Preference will be given to employment equity candidates.