Express Pros Fourways
Responsible for monitoring IT security and conducting risk audits to protect DFA’s information according to the Security and Risk operational plan. Support the security specialists and GRC specialist to implement the strategy and ensure all employees are well-educated on IT security and governance protocols.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess the IT environment to identify and define security and risk requirements.
- Implement and monitor security and risk processes as per the annual security and risk operational plan; i.e. implementing upgrades to security measures and controls.
- Ensure the installation of software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs to protect sensitive information.
- Perform monthly security vulnerability and risk assessments (of network infrastructure, hosts and applications) and compliance adherence reports.
- Analyse security breaches to determine the root cause of the violations and prepare reports that document findings.
- Work with the security specialists to conduct penetration testing to look for vulnerabilities in the system before they can be exploited.
- Coordinate biannual audits, compile a report and share with relevant stakeholders.
- Update and document security and governance protocols
- Collaborate with the security team to design a communication and campaign plan.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communication to promote security awareness in the organization; i.e. creating communication and training material.
- Ensure the distribution of formal communication around cyber security.
- Train staff on cyber security protocols and IT governance compliance.
- Conduct research on the latest information technology (IT) security trends.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of the discipline.
- Document and update security standards and guidelines based on best practices and industry standards.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticalities, and dependencies.
- Recommend security enhancements to management or senior IT staff.
- Expand IT capabilities by obtaining relevant certification and higher levels within the team beyond assigned areas of expertise.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Experiences & Skills:
- 1-2 years of experience in information security and governance
- Drivers’ licence is a must
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- Diploma in an Information Technology related field (A BSc degree would be advantageous)
- Cyber security certification
- ITIL certification (foundation level)
Package & Remuneration
Up to R30,000 per month
How to Apply : email cv to [email protected] ;
Closing Date: 18 September 2020