Main purpose of the job
The incumbent will be responsible to ensure that clients’ accounts are fully paid, and receipts are allocated in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain client accounts for list of assigned clients
- Updating client files – e-mail addresses, contact persons, unit in charge
- Ensuring account is correct before sending statements
- Resolving customer queries timeously. Engage with customers, Finance Business Partners, Unit Managers and Regional Managers as required.
- Sending copies of invoices, credits, statements
- Meeting customers where required
- Sorting out of accounts in arrears or incorrect cash allocations
- Allocate receipts on a timely basis
- Following up with clients regarding payment
- Following up regarding remittance advises for unallocated receipts
- Processing of all cash received into bank account on a daily basis (ensure that bank is up to date)
- Allocating payments on receipt of remittance advices timeously
- Maintain provisions
- Reviewing the age analysis and identify potential problem accounts i.e. non-payment, consistent late payers and/or going concern issues and flag these with the Billing & AR Manager
- Identifying potential credit notes that will be required and flag these with the Billing & AR Manager
- Take ultimate responsibility for customer related actions / issues / problems until they are resolved.
- R 15 Million book value and about 250 clients at a time
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Good people skills
- Attention to detail
- Good relationship building
- Deadline driven
- FMCG experience preferred
- SAP Experience
Closing Date: 25th September 2020
Empact Group is committed to Employment Equity in line with legislation and will give first preference to candidates as per Equity requirements.
By applying for a role within Empact Group (Proprietary) Limited, all Personal Information which you provide to the Company will be held and/ or stored securely for the purpose of recruitment. Your Personal Information will be stored electronically in a database. Where appropriate, some information may be retained in hard copy. In either event, storage will be secure and audited regularly regarding the safety and the security of the information in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive communication within 2 weeks from closing date.
Kindly note that your CV will be entered a Talent Pool and that we may contact you for future opportunities.