6 MONTHS CONTRACT VACANT POST FOR AN ELECTRICIAN WITH CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE
Salary strictly R 12 000 to R 15 000.00 based on experience
PREFER: Unemployed candidates to apply to start ASAP.
Matric (Grade 12)
3 Phase Wireman’s License (Non-negotiable)
First Aid Level 1
3-5 Years’ experience in electrical areas within a construction environment.
3 years Electrical Experience in Panel Wiring.
Fault Finding & Repairs.
Basic of Electrical systems, especially MCC’s.
Basic knowledge of Computer Aided Design Systems and Tools.
Basic knowledge of Soft Starters and Drives setup and commissioning.
Knowledge of electrical equipment and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Knowledge of electrical hazards.
Basic knowledge of MS Office and Outlook.
Valid Driver’s License.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Assist with all normal workshop tasks if not on-site including wiring/testing electrical equipment.
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Be involved in Installations of electrical equipment.
- Assist with commissioning.
- Fault finding on electrical systems.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as MCC’s.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or o
Send CV to hratgreenro.co.za