https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png 0 0 Gover https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png Gover2020-08-26 03:18:062020-08-26 03:18:06Electrical Engineer - Consulting Engineers
Kwena Human Capital
My client in the consulting engineer industry (mechanical, electrical and fire) is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team in Stellenbosch.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Business development with a focus on client care and professional team management, including on-time delivery.
- Marketing, including attendance at business related networking and client functions.
- Ensuring repeat work from clients and developing a client base.
- Preparing accurate and concise designs, design calculations, budgets, tender specification creation, performing project financial control, diligent construction monitoring and project management (electrical) throughout all stages of a project life cycle.
- Collaborating and working with multi-disciplinary team of engineers on a project while taking an active part in the design process and co-ordination.
- Completing all types of projects from inception to close out, with limited input from management and/or other senior engineers.
- Setting up client/consultant fee/contract agreements, calculating professional fees and the effective management of professional fees on all projects.
- Managing internal office project finances regarding hourly forecasting, WIP and invoicing
Desired Experience & Qualification
- BTech Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience (maximum 7/8 years) in consulting engineering within the building services environment
- Proven track record in business development
- Excellent client marketing skills, including external project professional team members.
- Excellent communication skills (English), including report writing abilities.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external professional teams, including clients, via email, telecommunication and face-to-face meetings. (Afrikaans or French is advantageous)
- Thorough knowledge of SANS10142-1&2, SANS10139, SANS10400 and SANS204, among others.
- Experience of various building contracts applicable to the building services industry (i.e. JBCC, Fidic, NEC, etc.) is advantageous
- Knowledge and experience with Autodesk BIM (Revit, & AutoCAD software) is advantageous
- Higher than average Microsoft Office package skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, etc.).
- Be able to work independently, take responsibility / ownership for their designs with little input and follow-up from senior management/engineers.
- High-level quality attention to detail when performing design reviews for sign-off with internal working peers and BIM team.
- Good with self and project time-management skills.
- A good knowledge of the latest technologies within the building services industry (e.g. lighting, UPS etc.).
- Self-motivated and ambitious. Ability to raise, suggest and drive office/ internal efficiencies.
- Able to offer creative solutions to client, architectural and/or interior design requirements.
- Able to interface professionally across all levels of the professional team and with the client, think on their feet and remain calm when faced with a challenge/confrontation.
- Have a pro-active attitude.
- Ability to offer input with multiple engineering disciplines in project meetings.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently on challenging projects that may have tight timelines.
- Driver’s licence and own mode of transport to travel to sites.
- Willingness to travel within RSA and Africa – valid RSA Passport.