DVT are looking for a senior payroll administrator to be employed to work alongside our HR Executive, Financial Manager and Systems Manager to ensure that monthly payrolls for all employed staff are completed to generally accepted accounting standards. This individual will also ensure that a high level of accuracy is maintained, and that agreed timescales are adhered to.
Additionally, you will also be processing and administering employee benefits (Group Life, Group RA, etc.) invoices, which may include audit and accounts payable payment processing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and process monthly permanent and hourly independent contractor payrolls, including management reporting and statutory filings
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determine payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee’s income, statutory taxes and workers compensation payments.
- Pay employees by directing the payment of salaries through electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Ascertain if the operational aspects of payroll processing and associated activities such as salaries, expenses and leave management are accurately handled
- Create and maintain month end payroll journals for posting in general ledgers
- Initialise journal entries and handle balancing out accounts activities with precision and accuracy
- Prepare complex payroll information for data input purposes, and assist in checking that quality control measures are undertaken properly
- Assist the company in meeting its taxation and superannuation obligations, along with ensuring that appropriate returns and processed and prepared on time
- Accurate PAYE submissions so as not to incur penalties
- Accurate and timeous COIDA submissions so as to not incur penalties and obtain a letter of good standing
- Timeous adding and removal of employees from Discovery Group Life and Group RA
- Discovery Group Life Recons and Payments
- Process worksheets to ensure the accurate running of payroll processes
- Keep abreast of current payroll tax requirements and advise management on pay practices, along with fringe benefit reporting processes
- Prepare, administer and maintain fiscal year-end reports and ensure that they are properly and accurately reconciled for accuracy and completeness of the information
- Close monitoring of Web SS processed Banking Details, Overtime and Claims
- Accurate capturing of payroll transactions on Sage 300 People
Desired Experience & Qualification
Degree (HR or Accounting)
Honours Degree (added Advantage)
3+ years experience in Sage 300 people
5+ years experience in Senior Payroll Administration role
Package & Remuneration
Please apply directly via Pnet. Should you not hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful