DSV South Africa
Duties & Responsibilities
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Job Posting Title: Senior Payroll Manager
We are looking for a Senior Payroll Manager who is a deadline driven individual to head up a team of exceptional payroll specialists and administrators. Someone to guide them in providing world class service to our employees who service our clients wholeheartedly.
This dynamic individual will be responsible for managing the full function of a payroll team. Ensuring monthly and weekly paid employees are paid timeously and without any errors. Managing payroll specialists and ensuring all people related aspects in terms of the team are managed. Ensuring proper process and procedures are put into place for effective functioning of the department. Variance checking and compliance of acceptable payroll standards. Reporting and ensuring all payroll functions are effectively managed and controlled.
Reporting Line: Financial Director (with a dotted line to our HR Director)
Why DSV Shared Services?
Take a drive down the R21 and check out our new facility just off the Benoni off ramp in Pomona. It is the flagship for our Brand in SA and will incorporate all the DSV Business Units In a truly world class turnkey logistics and head office complex. This will allow us to improve our client service, ensure faster turnaround time, and coupled with capability on O R Tambo International Airport. We can provide a full logistics solution with hands on delivery of cargo even better than we have before.
Add your expertise, experience and passion to this exceptional Brand and driven Team and allow business peace of mind that if they take care of our clients, you will take care of their benefits.
- Prestigious reward and recognition programmes such as Circle of Champions.
- A new world class facility with great services such as canteens, gyms and rest areas.
- Access to Training and Development programmes throughout your career and for every level.
- A support network of managers and team members that creates a passionate and motivating work environment.
Work and grow with an organisation that allows itself to be led by innovation and passion.
Minimum Requirements: Job related
- 10 years Payroll experience
- Experience in managing a diverse team with approximately 10 staff.
- Experience with performance management and disciplinary process with staff.
- Experience and knowledge with pension, provident fund and medical aid
- Experience and knowledge with National Bargaining Council (NBCRFLI)
- Experience and excellent knowledge in employee’s Tax, WCA, SDL and UIF
- Experience in working on African Countries Payrolls
- Experience with General Ledger integrations and reporting
Minimum Requirements: Qualifications and systems:
- Matric essential
- Degree or Diploma with relevant Payroll certificates
- HRIS experience – integration of payroll into an HRIS system
- Experience on People 300
- Extensive knowledge of ESS
- Advanced MS Excel skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Balance monthly and weekly payroll
- Manage a full payroll for approximately five-thousand staff (monthly and weekly)
- Oversee auditing, stats, reports and EFT payments
- Tax year-end balancing, submitting and distributing tax certificates
- Update and maintain any required changes on Payroll
- Meet targets and deadlines
- Run the payroll department
- Manage and supervise a team of payroll specialists
- Ability to work under pressure without supervision, deadline driven and punctual
- Willing to work long hours when necessary
- Excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to provide innovative solutions
- Be meticulous and target driven
- Leadership skills, and the ability to work independently, and together with a team (while motivating the team)
Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should an external candidate not hear from us within four (4) weeks following their application, they should consider their application unsuccessful. Strictly fair and non-discriminatory selection procedures will be followed. We use Affirmative Action (AA) measures in an endeavor to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced by designated groups. Where possible, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and in line with DSV’s Employment Equity plans. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.