DSV South Africa
Duties & Responsibilities
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: Air & Sea – Jet Park
Job Posting Title: Business Development Manager
At DSV we strive to provide our clients with sustainable solutions that will assist in both streamlining their logistics experience, as well as providing them the convenience and capability to handle their full supply chain needs through one company, DSV. The Air and Sea division, a top performing division within the DSV Group and amongst its competitors in the global and local market, has an extraordinary team of sales professionals that assist this top tier Company in achieving promises made to clients daily.
We have a career opportunity available for a Business Development Manager (BDM) who will set sights on growing and developing our footprint in the following sectors: Pharmaceutical, Perishables, Oil and Gas, Retail, Hi-tech, Mining and Automotive. As a BDM within these silo’s you will be responsible for building relationships within the sectors using your crafted network stream and industry knowledge coupled with DSV’s market leading infrastructure and capabilities in these fields.
Location: Plumbago, Kempton Park
Department: New Business Sales
Reporting Line: Regional Sales Manager, DSV Air and Sea
Why DSV Panalpina Air and Sea?
Take a drive down the R21 and check out our new facility just off the Benoni off ramp in Pomona. It is the flagship for our Brand in SA and will incorporate all the DSV Business Units In a truly world class turnkey logistics and head office complex. This will allow us to improve our client service, ensure faster turnaround time, and coupled with capability on O R Tambo International Airport. We can provide a full logistics solution with hands on delivery of cargo even better than we have before.
Add your expertise, experience and passion to this exceptional Brand and driven Team – ensuring solid and innovative solutions to offer to your new and existing clients.
- Prestigious reward and recognition programmes such as Circle of Champions.
- One of the most competitive commission structures in the market.
- Access to Training and Development programmes in sales and Freight Forwarding
- Backed by an internal team of specialists that support you every step of the way making the customer feel more at ease to change.
Work and grow with an organisation that allows itself to be led by sales.
Building Pipeline and Growth
- Drive our growth strategy by segmenting the Gauteng market and identifying promising new customer opportunities within the above-mentioned sectors.
- Be part of developing sustainable solutions and creating maximum value for both parties’ long term
- Build a strong pipeline of new opportunities
- Achieve personal growth targets through a well-balanced growth plan
Customer engagement and planning
- Lead and maintain strategic customer conversations with key decision makers in the field of Air and Sea logistics to identify customer’s business objectives, sector requirements and challenges
- Identify and create future opportunities through assessing business trends in the sectors
- Position yourself as a strategic resource in developing innovative solutions for the client’s industry.
- Proactively identify new sub segments of the market by keeping up to date with changes
Presenting, winning & implementing the deal
- Design good fitting solutions and present to customer
- Ensure common understanding of service expectations with both the customer and DSV
- Working closely with other DSV Divisions to develop and deploy effective solutions that meet the customer needs end to end
- Develop commercially viable solutions that adhere to internal guidelines & commercial standards
- Support our Customer Success Programme (CSP) & follow up activities to increase customer satisfaction year-on-year.
- Regular customer face to face meetings supporting operational and tactical commitments
- Use the latest BI Analytic tools to engage meaningfully on actual performance.
Strategic thinking and influencing
- Align DSV solution with the customer strategy.
- Seek new ideas and global practises that could have a meaningful fit locally
- Understand key DSV business drivers (e.g. revenue, cost) & anticipate impact of business decisions & solutions based on the customer environment
- B.Com degree in Logistics or Sales and Marketing would be highly advantageous
- Matric is an essential minimum requirement.
- 5 years’ experience in the Logistics Industry, with an excellent understanding of the requirements within one of the following sectors: Pharmaceutical, Oil and Gas, Retail, Hi-tech, Perishables, Mining or Automotive
- 5-7 years’ experience within a Freight Forwarding sales environment.
- 5 years’ experience in solution design, operational, performance and project management
- Knowledge of key CRM tools and system, preferably MS Dynamics
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Effective presentation & facilitation skills
- Strong virtual meeting skills using digital platforms e.g. MS Teams
- Excellent business English (written and oral)
- Structured work approach with an eye for the detail
- Must possess networking and strong negotiation skills
- International exposure and cultural sensitivity
- strength to translate opportunities into winning solutions
- Ability to engage and lead discussions at senior management level
- Ability to work independently and within a team to deliver results
- Ability to lead and influence without formal authority
- Ability to adapt and perform under changing and uncertain conditions
- Willing to undertake (extensive) regional and partly national travel.
Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should an external candidate not hear from us within four (4) weeks following their application, they should consider their application unsuccessful. Strictly fair and non-discriminatory selection procedures will be followed. We use Affirmative Action (AA) measures in an endeavor to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced by designated groups. Where possible, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and in line with DSV’s Employment Equity plans. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.