This leading South African publisher and agent for British and American publishers, has an opening in the Administration Department for a Driver/Messenger who will be based in Johannesburg. The successful candidate will provide an efficient and effective driving and delivery service to support the general functioning of the business unit.
- Grade 12;
- Valid driver’s license (unendorsed);
- 1-2 years’ previous experience as a driver;
- Vehicle and passenger safety;
- Sound knowledge of geographical area in which operates
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Deliver and collect various business correspondence or parcels as required;
- Collect and drop off various people i.e. journalists, guests, clients;
- Ensure vehicle safety with passengers;
- Ensure adherence to speed limits and avoid speeding fines;
- Ensure vehicle is always kept clean;
- Notify the necessary manager when it is time for a service;
- Ensure the vehicle service history is recorded;
- Ensure vehicle is maintained;
- Record petrol and oil usage;
- Record deliveries in logbook provided by the company;
- Maintain professional, courteous and friendly interface with visitors/clients always;
- Mailroom duties; and
- Complete vehicle checklist (Ensure accidents are reported, licences up to date, etc.).
Skills and competencies
(The abilities that the individual needs to perform this role effectively)
- Technically minded (skill);
- Ability to plan a route;
- Good Communication skills;
- Customer focus;
- Able to read and write;
- Computer literacy;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Planning and organising.
The company offers a competitive salary, as well as membership to the Retirement Fund.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.
Anyone who is interested in applying for this position and who meets the requirements of the post may direct an application in the form of a comprehensive CV and covering letter on our online application system.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30 November 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Please note that if you have not heard from us by 15 December 2020 you should regard your application as unsuccessful.