https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png 0 0 Gover https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png Gover2020-10-11 05:10:482020-10-11 05:10:48Dispatch Manager Jobs
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Degree/Diploma in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 5 Years relevant experience in Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Environment
- Relevant experience in the field of Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Experience in the Retail/Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Experience with SAP, EWM or other ERP systems
- Ensure optimal route and space planning to meet the day-to-day strategic objectives.
- Understand and execute the planning process involved when stock leaves the distribution centre.
- Ensure routing of vehicles to ensure optimum utilisation and vehicle turnaround times.
- Ensure all deliveries picked the previous day, are delivered the next day to local stores and within 48 hours to Coastal stores.
- Managing the productivity of the production within the Department.
- Ensure that maintenance is carried out within the requirement of the vehicle operational requirement and maintain accurate records of vehicles.
- Assist with credit note reductions related to damages, picking and checking inaccuracies.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the business measures and targets directly relating to own role.
- Liaise with night shift manager daily, related to work priorities, productivity, accuracy and staffing requirements.
- Resolve personnel problems by analysing data, investigating issues, identify solutions and take corrective action.
- Ensure all managers and supervisors in department manage their staff efficiently.
- Ensure training of new staff in that they have the necessary tools and equipment required to perform their duties efficiently.
- Develop an environment that creates, maintains or improves the ability to carry out work related obligations.
- Responsible for the succession planning of subordinates.
- Ensure admin and daily checking of all delivery log sheets takes place, to facilitate queries and credit note request.
- Ensure that all deliveries are delivered in full, on time and to the correct customer.
- Ability to analyse and interpret any shrinkage indicators and act accordingly.
- Manage financial indicators in line with budgets for the operations environment and adherence to corporate governance principles.
- Understand financial and planning indicators and act according to budget targets.
- Knowledge of Customer Service, Transportation Principles and Methods, Production and Processing
- Knowledge of Material Handling Standards, Administration and Management, Supply Chain and Personnel and Human Resources Management
- Knowledge of the business measures and targets, directly related to own role
- Demonstrate thorough theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of all Distribution Centre, logistics and supply chain operations
- Understand Fleet management – In order to optimize cost savings, while ensuring fleet reliability.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Store and Distribution receiving procedures with regard to ordering, receiving and stocking.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- English – Read, write and speak.
- 2nd Language – Read, write and speak.
- Experience in Fleet management.
- Be able to identify operational obstacles and opportunities and remain calm and focused under pressure.
Special conditions of employment:
- Be able to adapt to working hours according to business needs.
- Be able to work any shift i.e. day, night, weekends, holidays and overtime as per business and operational requirements.
- Must be willing to be rotated to where needed and must be willing to perform any other functions within the department, should the need arise.
- South African citizen or valid work permit
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account