Dis-Chem Pharmacies require the committed services of a Health Focus Intern for their Stores in the Gauteng Region. Successful applicants will be required to work in Dis-Chem stores specifically in the functional foods, nutrition, vitamins and sports supplements department.
- Maximize the relevant category turnover and profit within the health department.
- Assisting customers, ensuring optimal service within the health category.
- Manage, deal and report customer complaints and complements.
- To ensure that a high standard of merchandising and displays are in maintained in the health department.
- Implement promotional displays and merchandising.
- Follow the Health department administrative processes and procedures, including but not limited to weekly returns, stock control and monitoring of stock levels.
- Ensure stock rotation on FIFO (First in, first out) basis.
- Conduct monthly promotions and actively promote the Dis-Chem brand.
- Knowledge of retail, sales, customer service, product knowledge and stock control.
- English – Read, write and speak. Customer Service.
- Basic financial knowledge
- Be a team player and customer service orientated – Be able to deal with customer complaints and queries.
- Be able to work according to a task schedule. Good time management.
- 2nd Additional language.
- Be able to read and interpret sales and stock reports.
Special conditions of employment:
- Flexi Hours – Per employment contract
- Driver’s license and/ or own reliable transport
- Be able and willing to work Retail Hours – Weekends/Public Holidays and Overtime
Remuneration and benefits:
- Matric – Grade 12 and or Higher Certificate with a minimum of Math Lit 50%
- Qualification in BSc Biomedicine/ BSc Biotechnology
- Experience in the Health industry (vitamins, supplements or health foods).
How to Apply