Department of Tourism
Hospitality Youth Programme 2020
The Department of Tourism invites applications from interested applicant’s to be part of the Hospitality Youth Programme. This programme wil be implemented for a period of twelve (12) months
Successful candidates will be expected to sign a twelve-month (12) contract with the implementing Agent. It is essential to mention your local municipality, ward number and name of the location in your CV, with
clear contact numbers.
NB: Participants will be deployed within their local municipality i.e. where they reside. This programme is open for South African citizens only.
- The applicant must be unemployed
- Have a minimum of Grade twelve (Matric) qualification
- Must be literate and conversant in Englsh. Hospitality background is essential
- Be a resident of the local municipality (proof required)
- Have a passion or interest in hospitality
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-35 years. If an applicant is under the age of 21, consent from a parent or guardian is required.
- The applicant must not have partcipted in any EPWP! Department of Tourism funded projec in the last two years.
- Not more than one participant per household can apply.
How to Apply
Applicants must be from the following areas;
Applicants who meet the requirements, should Submit a detailed CV together with certified copies of qualifications, proof of residence and identity document.
Submit your application to any of the following locations:
- Umsobomvu Municipality: Mr. Lungile Mpemba ~ 051 753 0678 / 0712231496
- Dept. Economic Development And Tourisism (Kimberley) ~ Mr. A. Maw
- Ga.segonyana Municipality: Ms, Dudu Tshetiho -053 712 9407
- Dawid Kriuper Municipality: Ms. Sharon Kadula 056 338 7152
- Namakwa District Municipality: Ms. Peal Hoyn ~ 027 712 8054
- Correspondence wil be limited to shortsisted candidates.
- All applicants will undergo an interview process.
- Faxed and e-mailed applications wil not be considered.
- Should you not have been contacted for an interview within three (03) months after you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing date: 16 August 2020