Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
About the Application Management Team and our Delivery Centre
Deloitte approaches IT Application Management Services (AMS) automation differently. We focus on what really matters: We’re outcomes-driven, not technology obsessed. This means understanding the digital maturity of the organization and helping define core automation objectives. Deloitte has been out in front of automation for years, and we are a market leader. We build bots that automate processes, not tasks. Looking at a process end-to-end can help uncover true automation potential and returns. At Deloitte Consulting our Delivery Centers help clients achieve a higher level of service in operational efficiency and business value. We leverage scale, talent and a center delivery model to provide high quality service with standardized processes and procedures and help clients achieve a higher level of service in operational efficiency and business value.
Main Purpose of Job
Senior Managers are expected to contribute to the firm’s growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; assist in developing “thoughtware” and “point- of-view” documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- People Development: Perform role ofcounselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or equivalent
- 5 years of Management experience required
- 8 plus years of larger firm consulting experience
- Proven experience in managing large complex environments.
- Strong understanding of ISO, Sarbanes Oxley, Security and Data privacy controls.
- Ability to lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
- Strong Service Management experience providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard operational techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in overseeing SLA’s and OLA’s to effectively manage a large team whilst maintaining ongoing operational engagement excellence.
- Experience in developing and presenting proposals for business development activities.
- 5 years in a client facing role; 3 of these in a management role
- Expertise in field with excellent industry and business knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and execute projects
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects to profitable outcomes
- Skilled in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change